Advocacy is an OMGA Goal for the 2023 Legislative Session
Got staff/faculty support?
Faculty and staff support are integral to a thriving MG Program. Do not assume they will always be there. Five counties – Benton, Clatsop, Douglas, Linn, & Tillamook – did not have faculty/staff support in 2022.
Master Gardeners must speak for funding MG Program positions – to OSU administrators, county officials, and state legislators who decide how well MG Programs are funded.
Act Now!!! The Oregon Legislature is currently writing the 2023-2025 Budget
Ask your State of Oregon Senator & Representative to support OSU Statewide Public Service Programs at $206M.
MG Program funding is part of this package.
- Tell them about your love for gardening and educating the public.
- Share stories about how your service makes your community a better place!
- Act now when the Oregon Legislature is making budget decisions!
This Toolkit Makes Advocacy Easy
Resources prepared for you:
- Short form letter to send your legislators
- Talking points for calling your legislators
- Testimonials about Master Gardener service
- Sample letters for ideas to customize your message
- Use https://www.oregonlegislature.gov/ for their contact information
- Report the interaction at https://beav.es/log-engagement.