The Executive Committee of the Oregon Master Gardener Association met via teleconference to discuss the impact the present health crisis may have on the 2020 OMGA Mini-College. They decided to continue working on the conference preparations with the hope that it will not be necessary to cancel our event. The situation will be evaluated again at their next meeting on May 15, 2020 and a final decision made at that time. So, don’t take this off your calendar. Some of the exciting speakers and events that are scheduled include:
• Thursday evening social in the Omaha Room at Goss Stadium to watch the Corvallis Knights vs the Yakima Pippins baseball game.
• Keynote speaker, Robert Michael Pyle, author and founder of the Xerces Society.
• Classes such as: Dr. Karen Trippe – BioChar, Richard Bertram – Hydroponics, Lori Sampson – Hosta and also Peonies, and many more.
• Workshops including a Plant Problem Walk: Insects and Diseases with Gail Langellotto and Brooke Edmunds.
• Tours including the Oak Creek Center.
• Banquet at the Adair Club House catered by Valley Catering.
Please check the site frequently for more information about the classes, workshops and tours scheduled.
You will find the latest information about the 2020 OMGA Mini-College here.